BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Participation in shaping the future of fire and life safety by being actively involved in the Association’s committees
- Attend and participate in the Association’s Annual Conference
- Receive the Association’s newsletter (The Chieftan)
- Call on the Association’s office for information and statistics
- Develop a network with other Fire Service Management Officers
- Regular updates emailed to your department of any changes in regulations or policies; and/or new programs/projects that would involve the Fire Service (such as WCB, Health and Occupational Safety, workshops, etc.)
- Zone or Sectional meetings throughout the year to discuss issues and concerns as well as educational formats.
Chief Officer Membership
Members shall consist of management officers of federal, provincial, regional, and local or an industrial fire service that are responsible for fire protection functions at the policy making or management levels. Active Members shall be voting members and have the right to hold office.
Associate "A" Membership (Industry Trade)
Associate "A" Members, also known as Trade Members, shall consist of persons or corporations conducting business with the Fire Service.
Associate "B" Membership (Industry Service)
Associate "B" Members shall consist of municipal officials, industrial executives, managers and members of engineering and survey branches of underwriters' associations, fire insurance claims adjusters, and other like persons.
Retired Chief Officer
Retired Members shall consist of any member who has retired from a position which qualified them for Active membership in the Association. Such members shall have all the benefits of Active membership with the exception of the right to vote and the right to hold office.