Water Tender Wanted
DescriptionSaturna Island Volunteer Fire Department is shopping to replace our aging front line tender sometime in the next year or so. We are a rural island fire department without access to hydrants or quick mutual aid, and as such tender shuttles are a critical part of our operations. We are hoping a department in BC (or further abroad) may be looking to replace an apparatus that is suited to our needs. Our wishlist for a new-to-us tender includes:
- Tandem axle with approximately 3000gal tank
- Automatic transmission
- 31’ or less in length
- PTO pump
- Onboard space for a portable high volume pump
- Onboard space for drop tanks equal in capacity to the truck
- Onboard space for other equipment
- Ideally the vehicle would be less than 20 years old, but we recognize our budget may indicate a vehicle close to or older than 20 years.
If you have any lead on an appropriate apparatus, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chief Peter Clark
Saturna Island Volunteer Fire Department
ContactSaturna Island VFD