Why Become a Member?
The FCABC consists of nearly 500 active members. These members include fire chiefs, other chief officers, and regional managers. Associate memberships are also available for those that support the Association, such as companies that provide trades and services to the fire service. Members of the FCABC can:
- Develop relationships with other fire service management officers by participating in the FCABC peer support network.
- Receive education and support through programs and mentoring initiatives, including resources and training for new chief officers.
- Stay up to date on relevant initiatives, regulations, research, and resources through the quarterly Chieftain newsletter and access to the members-only section of the FCABC website.
- Attend the annual conference and trade show to network and learn.
- Shape the future of fire and life safety in British Columbia.
Chief Officer Membership
Members consist of management officers of Federal, Provincial, Regional, and Local or an industrial fire service that are responsible for fire protection functions at the policy making or management levels. Active Members are voting members and have the right to hold office.
Associate “A” Membership (Industry Trade)
Associate “A” Members, also known as Trade Members, consist of persons or corporations conducting business with the Fire Service. Associate A Members can advertise in our quarterly Chieftain newsletter and website, exhibit at the BC Fire Expo, have their company name and contact information posted on our website Marketplace) and also receive a contact list of our chief officer members. Associate A members also elect one member to serve as Trades Director on the FCABC Board of Directors and one Deputy Director. Associate A members can vote at the Trades Annual Meeting held at the BC Fire Expo.
Associate “B” Membership (Industry Service)
Associate “B” Members consist of municipal officials, industrial executives, managers, and members of engineering and survey branches of underwriters’ associations, fire insurance claims adjusters, and other like persons. Associate B members have the same privileges as Associate A members.
Retired Chief Officer
Retired Members consist of any member who has retired from a position which qualified them for Active membership in the Association. Such members shall have all the benefits of Active membership with the exception of the right to vote and the right to hold office. Retired Members have Zone Directors and may have Zone Meetings. RCOs meet at the Annual FCABC Conference & Education Summit. There is no charge for Retired Chief Officer Membership.
Retired and Honorary Members
Learn more about our honorary life members and retired members.